AIPMT 2016 Eligibility Criteria – So, here are detail for AIPMT 2016 Eligibility which include Age Limit, 12th percentage required for all category candidates General, SC, ST, PH. The responsibility of the CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing merit list to the DGHS and participating States/Universities/Institutions.
AIPMT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizens of India are Eligible for appearing in the All India Pre-Medical/Pre Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT) subject to the conditions prescribed in the Information Bulletin.
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats in Medical/Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana are eligible to appear in AIPMT for admission in AFMC, Pune.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats under the control of participating States/Universities/Institutions shall be as per the rules of the State/ University/Institution concerned.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio- technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio- technology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio – technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General – PH and 40% marks for SC – PH/ST – PH/OBC – PH are required. Those who are appearing Class XII examination in 2015 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
Have queried than leave the comment below.