MBBS Admission Guidelines – Kerala – The government of Kerala has recently issued a list of guidelines for admission to MBBS courses in Self-financing Colleges in the state of Kerala. This guideline is for the academic year 2016-2017.
MBBS Admission Guidelines
· Candidates will be selected for the admission process on the basis of the rank in KEAM and NEET 2016. All the allotment and admission to the MBBS courses will be made under the Government/Management and NRI Quota seats in all the Self-Financing Colleges and Deemed Universities.
· Commissioner for Entrance Examination (CEE) will allot the half of the total MBBS seats from the KEAM Rank, completely on the basis of merit.
· 35% seats will be allotted by the CEE from the NEET 2016 rank
· Remaining 15% will be taken from the Non-Residential Indians (NRI), based on the NEET 2016 Rank
· If in a college they are having minority status, out of 50% seats 30% will be allotted to the minority community candidates based on the KEAM rank list.
· Selection for the minority candidates will be made by their inter-se merit. Candidates have to submit all the document to the CEE authority by 27th August 2016.
· If colleges under the Christian Professional Colleges Management Federation, candidates will have to pay an annual tuition fee of Rs. 4,40,000. NRI students have to pay 12 lakhs.
· Scholarship facility is available for the BPL category students and the other financially weak students.
· The annual fee for the SC and ST category candidates will be paid by the Government from the funds provided to the ST, SC Development Department.
· All the documentation and other procedures should be done on or before 27th August 2016
For more updates stay tuned to our website. Also, comment in the comment section below.